Friday, February 29, 2008
Rec Center OVERCHARGE??
I myself use only the pool - and when I do, I take several kids, and stay for only a couple of hours. So I often end up spending $25 or MORE for 2 hours of fun. I love the pool, and want to go more often, but why is the cost to use the facilites NOT broken down for those who WONT or CANNOT use the workout room? And in order for my kid and daughter to use the gym to play basket ball for an hour or two in the winter, they have to pay $10!! That is ridiculus, considering that they don't want to use ANY of the other facilities, and most of the time that HUGE gym just sits there empty - what a waste! Perhaps if it was more affordable, more people would go? For those of our neighbors in Center Line - don't you think charging them $10 for the facilites is a bit much? How about a $1 more - after all, they open many of their services up to Warren residents for no charge - so why not return the favor. I have sent a few letters to our new mayor and to the P&R director regarding many of these questions. The response was pretty vague like "we will think about it". Do I have to write a bill and bring it before council or what?? Your comments are welcome!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, they offer a discount to seniors, why not kids?? They are restricted from using the workout room - why aren't they given a discount? Maybe Warren likes seniors better than kids? Sorry to hear that, because 20 years from now, when the seniors are gone, whose taxes will be paying for the pool??
Post a Comment